small brush shouldn't fuck with big timber

Death's Door, the view from the Spanish announcers table: ENJOY THE DAY AND HAVE A BEAM 'N COKE!!

Thursday, September 11

ENJOY THE DAY AND HAVE A BEAM 'N COKE!!

Hi Everybody or Anybody who happens upon this today. Its been a year - a long ass muthafuckin year!

This is Stephanie and Clifford and I thought we'd post up a few words in honor of Biddie, or Greg, or Death as he was known, on the day thats on his death certificate. I know in my heart
(cause of how we found stuff in his apartment) that the true day he left us was on the 9th, but I'll go w/ the paperwork thing that says the 11th.

Anyhew, like I said, its been a long ass year. We're doin' ok, making it along, but never forgetting. There are too many times when we just wanna pick up the phone to call or actually do but then realize he wont answer. My mother sometimes will say she saw a nice house for sale and for me to call Biddie and tell him about it. That was one of our things - she'd see a house, call me to call on it and I would - then call Biddie and tell him about it. Too bad my neighbor didnt get foreclosed on earlier!

The mother woman is not looking forward to her birthday next week but we'll make it thru that too. Shes stronger than she thinks she is and often thru the tears, we laugh hysterically about something Biddie would have done or would have said about something. During all this election shit, we often wonder what he would have blogged about. She misses her son terribly, some days more than others. She's strong in her faith and that gets her thru.

I want to say though, from Clifford and I, that again, we thank you for being a part of Biddies life and for helping us thru this time last year. We'll get thru today and the next week or so and be even stronger for it. We have memories and mementoes, thoughts and visions that keeps him "right here". We'll enjoy our day cause Biddie would want us to. I'm not a Beam drinker but you can bet yours or somebody elses ass I'll have something just as strong later in the day. Ya'll toast up w/ a few of 'em yourselves and enjoy the day.

We love ya!

Stephanie and Clifford

p.s. the monkey is sitting on my desk staring at me and his switch flippin days are over!

25 Comments:

Blogger Xavier Onassis said...

Our hearts are with your family today and everyday.

I know Greg was proud of what he did for a living, so yes, I think 9/11 is the day to remember him on.

Peace to you.

10:13 AM  
Blogger Tony said...

Thank you for posting this and reminding us.

Your work in maintaining Greg Beck's legacy on the Kansas City blogosphere is important. I appreciate you maintaining this site so that all of the world can still read Mr. Beck's thoughtful, funny and poignant writings.

5:28 PM  
Blogger Spyder said...

It's so hard to believe that it's been a year. Seems like yesterday & seems like years.
Greg & Michelle got us KC Bloggers started meeting once a month. And we still do, kinda like our own monthly party for Greg. Sure miss him. Hugs to both of you & mom!

10:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey thanks for letting us know how you are doing. I hope your Mom manages to have some fun on her birthday.

This site will be on my blogroll until it closes. And to make sure that doesn't happen I visit at least once a week from 2 different IPs. Your brother made blogs/blogging interesting, and I recommend his to anybody looking for something new.

12:26 PM  
Blogger Nightmare said...

Jeeze now I feel like a douchebag! I never put it together that it has been a year already. I read your post 2 days too late and am now weeping like a little girl with a skinned knee.

I think that it may be ok because even though I didn't know him long, or well, I have a feeling that he wouldn't have wanted a lot of pomp and circumstance when he wasn't here to enjoy making fun of it.

I miss him terribly and if you and Clifford need someone call in those times of need, call me and we'll chat.

8:00 PM  
Blogger Lost Johnny said...

I found Greg a year ago in August, recommended by a friend. Spent hours reading his glorious take on life and his place in this mess that we call it.

I still find myself coming back and scrolling through his musings when I need a lift.

I know that where ever he is, his bottle of Beam is not ever going to run dry. I wish I could have shared a couple with him.

Thanks Greg.

And thank you for keeping this here.

10:21 PM  
Blogger Nightmare said...

I wonder how Greg would have taken all of this political bullshit?

8:52 PM  
Blogger Ole Blue The Heretic said...

Well i am still here because you are still here in my mind.

9:07 PM  
Blogger OMMAG said...

I missed the anniversary ....

Congrats to you on keeping the best memorial to a free thinker alive.

Greg is gone but this part of him stays.

Thanks for that.

6:46 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I missed his anniversary, but thank you for keeping his blog going, it's important. Greg touched so many lives and it's important that everyone is still able to read his thoughts. Bless you Greg, he was a great mentor and someone that I will always hold in my heart and remember with the fondest of thoughts. He really was a great man.

6:08 PM  
Blogger Ole Blue The Heretic said...

I think it is time to start reposting Greg's post.

7:34 PM  
Blogger Xavier Onassis said...

Happy 50th Birthday! I'll do some shots for ya.

6:33 AM  
Blogger Ole Blue The Heretic said...

You remember back in the day what?

4:00 PM  
Blogger Ole Blue The Heretic said...

Well I still remember.

9:09 PM  
Blogger Ole Blue The Heretic said...

Our paths lead us to different things yet we remember those who have touched our hearts and minds.

6:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't been by here in a very long time. was just checking the blogroll on my slightly neglected blog and came to find to my surprise he has left the building. God must have something pretty wonderful planned up in heaven because he is putting together quite a line up and has even taken care of security. Your loved one brought many laughs and smiles to complete strangers and made this blog feel like stepping into his living room. He is blessed and so are you.

10:41 PM  
Blogger OMMAG said...

Not forgotten .... Greg.
It's beer for me .... but I'm betting you'll hoist one when we do.

8:42 PM  
Anonymous Nuke said...

Another year. Anybody wants to bring Coke over, I have the Beam covered.

10:46 AM  
Blogger OMMAG said...

Merry Christmas ... I'll be having a Beam And Coke ... with the big guy.

9:22 PM  
Anonymous Rev said...

I will never stop missing this guy. And never forget his smile.

10:40 AM  
Blogger triacme said...

hi your blog is so interesting to read....
Hotels in North Canton

1:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

locksmith hialeah
locksmith Plantation FL
Locksmith Saratoga CA
Locksmith San Jose CA
Locksmith Santa Clara CA
Milpitas locksmith
Locksmith RedwoodCity
miami locksmiths
pembroke pines fl locksmith
locksmith miami beach fl
locksmith hialeah
miami locksmith
locksmith pembroke pines
locksmith fort worth tx
hialeah locksmiths
miami beach locksmiths
locksmith miami beach fl
mesquite locksmith
irvine ca locksmith
miami locksmith
Locksmith Mesquite tx
locksmith plano texas
mesquite locksmiths

6:18 AM  
Blogger OMMAG said...

I keep Greg's link pasted to my sidebar and every once in a while come back to look over some of the humor and absorb some of the wisdom.
It is Christmas 2012 now and I'll say a prayer for Greg and for the family and friends he left behind.

9:14 PM  
Blogger Joel said...

Hi, Nice post I enjoyed reading it. Can I contact you through your email? Please email me back. Thanks!

Thanks!

Joel
JHouston791@gmail.com

11:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I keep coming back to read Greg's stuff. I miss him.

Corey
July 18, 2017

3:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home